Dear Encanto Community Church Family and Friends,
This is the formal notification that the church will resume in-person worship service beginning May 2, 2021. As we all know, the coronavirus has not “gone away”, but with the vaccination availability, and practicing the recommendations of the CDC, we feel that we can resume in-person worship as long as we take certain precautions.
Please note that the Church Council will continue to meet and evaluate things. We may relax or tighten the restrictions dependent on the numbers and CDC recommendations.
* All are expected to wear masks over their nose and mouth while on the church property. The only exception will be for Gloria during the service and the song leader during the hymns. Also during the time that you may be eating or drinking during Fellowship time.
* Prior to entering the Sanctuary, you will have your temperature checked. If you have a temperature of 100.4 or above (per CDC guidelines), you will not be allowed inside the building.
* All bibles, hymnals, and reusable supplies have been removed from the pews.
* All service materials, including the bulletin, weekly, and communion supplies will be placed on tables at the entrances to the Sanctuary. You will need to get your service materials prior to entering the building.
* Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances to the building and at the end of the pews.
* You will be required to sit 6 feet apart from other households/pods
* The Deacons will take attendance at every service as a precaution, in case we have a case of coronavirus exposure
* If you use the bathroom while at church, you will be asked to wipe down the high touch surfaces with a sanitizing wipe prior to leaving the bathroom.
* The Trustees have compiled a cleaning checklist for the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall that Tony will complete weekly.
* The service will follow a similar format as pre-Covid times. However, we will not observe “Passing of the Peace”.
* We will also not pass an offering plate during the service. There will be an offering box prominently placed in the Sanctuary for your tithes and offerings.
* The Youth will be invited to the front for the Young People’s Message and will leave for Sunday School after the Young People’s Message. Sunday School will meet in Fellowship Hall.
Other pertinent information:
* Fellowship Hour will take place outside in the Rose Garden area. We will provide bottled water and pre-packaged snacks.
* We will continue to stream our service on Sunday, but the service will not be posted on Facebook until 6 p.m. on Sunday evening.
* In-person meetings (Council, Trustees, Deacons, etc) will resume in May.
* Choir will begin socially distanced in-person rehearsals on April 22nd at 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Masks will be worn during rehearsals.
* Handbells will begin socially distanced in person rehearsals in June. Rehearsal times and days are TBD.
* The homeless population will continue to be served outside, on the porch.
* SAA & NA will begin meeting on May 7th in Fellowship Hall.
o Breakout groups will need to meet outside.
o Must do own set up/tear down.
o No food or drinks other than bottled water.
o Must wear masks over their nose and mouth while on church property.
o Must use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building.
o If they don’t comply with coronavirus policies, the will be asked not to return.
o We will meet with the support group leaders to ensure that they understand the expectations for their groups.
If you have any questions/concerns about the plan that we are putting in place to keep everyone as safe as possible, please don’t hesitate to contact me or any of the ECC Church Council.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone and worshipping together again in person!
Jill Mahoney, Moderator