Our Beautiful Church Home
Encanto Community Church is located in historic downtown Phoenix. The Church began in 1944 when about a dozen residents living in the vicinity of Encanto Park began meeting in the Encanto Park Club House thus forming the Encanto Park Community Church. As the congregation grew, a permanent facility was needed and, in 1945, the church purchased the Dorris residence, one of Phoenix’s first mansions, located at the corner of 7th Avenue and Windsor. This property, now our Parish House, was a sufficient meeting place until 1950, when due to further growth, the Sanctuary was built by the members of the congregation.
Our facilities now include the Sanctuary, Parish House, Caretaker’s House, Casa de Rosa – Healing Garden , inclusive of a Memorial Rose and Pet Garden and a Parsonage which is within walking distance of the Church property.
In 2014 Encanto Community Church received a grant from the United Church of Christ to build and maintain a community vegetable garden. The Garden building project was completed on November 2014. This was created as a mission to supply other local ministries with fresh fruits and vegetables. This is currently being maintained as part of our youth group.